Company Registration in Singapore
We provide one-stop services to our clients which want to expand their business to SIngapore:
Key Details Required for Company Registration:
- Company Name: the name must be approved before registration of the Singapore company can occur.
- Directors: A minimum of one resident director (a resident is defined as a Singapore Citizen, a Singaporean Permanent Resident, etc) is mandatory. There is no limit on the number of additional local or foreign directors a Singapore Company can appoint.
- Shareholders: A Singapore private limited company can have a minimum of 1 and maximum of 50 shareholders.
- Company Secretary: As per Section 171 of the Singapore Companies Act, every company must appoint a qualified company secretary.
- Share Capital: Minimum paid-up capital for registration of a Singapore company is S$1. Paid-up capital (also known as share capital) can be increased anytime after the registration of the company. There is no concept of Authorized Capital for Singapore companies
The regulations for company secretary are as below:
- As per Section 171 of the Singapore Companies Act, every company must appoint a qualified company secretary. The company secretary must be residing locally in Singapore and he/she must not be the sole director of the company.
- The Secretary may also be held liable for the company's failure to comply with the law in certain situations.
- Our experienced and qualified team of company secretaries will assist and ensure that your company is fully complying with Singapore regulations.
The regulations for registered address are as below:
- In order to register a Singapore company, you must provide a local Singapore address as the registered address of the company, which must be operational and accessible to the public during normal office hours. The registered address must be a physical address and cannot be a PO Box.
- If you want to use HDB home address as the registered address of your company, you have to provide a copy of home office business license from HDB to prove that your home address has been approved by HDB to be used as an office.
- If you want to use private home address as the registered address of your company, you need register with Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) of Singapore. For this, no license needs to be produced for ACRA when incorporating your company.
- Alternatively, you can use our registered address service - we provide a prestigious address for registered office which is located in Singapore CBD, next to MRT station.